::Huff, Huff / Pant, Pant::

Run, M-Spot, Run

Monday, January 31, 2011

Two Week Detox Diet

So my work is throwing a "Smallest Winner" (kind of like the Biggest Loser) competition. A colleague of mine, Carlie, approached me about starting a detox diet to kick it off right. Being that I'm still about 12 pounds away from fitting into my wedding dress, I agreed.

In true "Smallest Winner" fashion, I spent the weekend carb/cheese/sodium loading. I ate Top Ramen for lunches. I ate pizza with peperoni and sausage for dinner. I drank wine and beer. I ate nachos (ps: what do you call cheese that isn't yours? Nacho cheese! whomp, whomp). I ate and omelette and french toast for breakfast.

I gained three pounds. Time to win, folks!

So the detox includes drinking 100 oz of water a day. I'm half way there and it's 12:38pm. I have been to the bathroom no less than 8 times today.

It also involves no alcohol, no dairy, no sweets, no salts, no preservatives. It's going to be a long two weeks. Although I can still eat whole grain wheat, which is the only reason I agreed to do it. No one can take my bread from me. NO ONE.

Today I have had a hard boiled egg, an apple, grapes, a little bread, a lot of water. I have a turkey/spinach/avocado sandwich for lunch. I have another naner for a snack. And I think I'll have brown rice and chicken for dinner. I'll let you know tomorrow how much I deviate from this plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment